Trimix is an injectable medication used for the treatment of ED. This medication varies in active ingredients and concentrations and is also known as BiMix, Trimix, or SuperMix. This sterile compounded medication is specially made in a compounding pharmacy which requires a prescription. TriMix is a self-administered penile injection designed for use immediately prior to sexual activity.
Phentolamine, Papaverine, and Prostaglandin (PGE1) are all known to increase blood flow to the penis, ultimately resulting in an erection. TriMix and other compounded penile injection therapies are fast-acting and long-lasting making it a notable option for patients suffering from ED.
Prescription required from your physician.
How to use:
1. Remove vial from freezer and allow entire contents of vial to thaw
2. Wipe rubber stopper with alcohol swab and allow to dry
3. Remove safety cap from syringe and insert into vial
4. Draw up designated dose and remove any air bubbles
5. Clean injection site with alcohol swab
6. Inject Trimix solution into the cavernosal muscle slowly until syringe is empty and safely discard syringe
7. Apply pressure to injection site for up to 5 minutes to stop any bleeding and prevent scar tissue from forming
What it does
Reasons for use
Ready to get started?
Due to state law restrictions, shipping is available in Iowa and Texas via UPS Ground for delivery on Friday’s. Trimix is shipped with dry ice to keep it frozen. It is important to properly dispose of dry ice by not touching, flushing down the toilet or drain, or dumping dry ice into the garbage. Once the medication is retrieved from the shipping container, leave the ends open in a low-frequented location to allow the dry ice to dissolve. Once all the dry ice is gone, dispose of the container in the garbage. A pamphlet is provided with thorough instructions when shipped.
Needles should be disposed of in a designated sharps container. A sharps container may be provided by your pharmacist or a hard, plastic container with a screw on lid may be used. This includes laundry detergent bottles, coffee cans, etc. It is important to never reuse or share needles.
Trimix can be used up to three times weekly, waiting at least 24 hours between injections.
◦ Phentolamine blocks alpha receptors in the penis causing blood vessels to expand, resulting in increased blood flow to the penis
◦ Papaverine causes blood vessels to expand and muscles to relax leading to an increase in blood flow to the penis
◦ Prostaglandin-E1, also known as alprostadil, is a naturally-occurring lipid that causes blood vessels to expand and muscles to relax, increasingblood flow to the penis
Do’s and Don’ts
- Keep vial frozen at all times; use a clean needle before each use; dispose of needles in a designated sharps container; alternate injection sites; allow vial to completely thaw before use; use an alcohol swab on vial and injection site before each use; inject at a 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock position.
- Leave vial out on counter for extended periods of time; allow others to use/try your medication; use for longer than 28 days once opened; reuse needles; draw up and inject medication from a partially thawed vial; inject into a visible artery or vein; inject at 12 o’clock position to avoid urethra.